Wreaths are beautiful decorations that you can place anywhere in your house such as on your door, over your fireplace or on the bookshelf. The good news is that you do not have to buy them, they are easy to make. Follow this tutorial to make yourself a petal burlap wreath.
How to Make a Chevron Petal Burlap Wreath (Video)
Image via: Etsy – The Middle Sister Co. – Chevron Petal Burlap Wreath
Burlap strips from burlap ribbon (your choice of colors)
A bow of any color
Watch the Video to Make a Chevron Petal Burlap Wreath:
Watch the Chevron Burlap Wreath video here.
- Roll out the burlap strips onto the cutting board and cut them into 6” squares. Use the ruler to get the sizes and to cut straight.
- Cover the foam wreath with burlap ribbon.
- Get one of the squares and place it on the table with the front side facing down then fold it in half to get a triangle.
- Hold the triangle such that one point is facing away from you and you are holding two ends of the triangle that share the same line. Place it on the table and bring each of the corners you are holding to the free point. Hold them so you have a petal-like shape.
- Take a floral pin and drive it through the very base of the petal shape and stick it to the outer side of the foam wreath. Repeat this with another triangle and when sticking it to the wreath, let it overlap the first petal about halfway.
- Repeat this step until the entire outer side of the wreath is covered. The petals should flow in the same direction.
- Once the outer part is done, cover the inner part with petals. They should move in the same direction as the ones on the outside until the inside is fully covered.
- Create another petal and drive a floral pin through it. Stick it on the top part of the wreath. Place it in between a petal on the inside and one on the outside. Repeat this until the entire top is covered.
- Once done, check the petals and fix loose ends as well as incomplete overlapping.
- Get the bow, place it on top of the wreath and use two T-pins to secure it. You can get a decorative item such as a message card, plastic flower or just any item of your choice and stick it on the wreath.
- Hang your wreath wherever you want!
Image via: Etsy – Fancy Wreath Lady… – Chevron Petal Burlap Wreath Idea
As you have seen, making a petal burlap wreath is as easy as saying your abc’s! You can make it more interesting by using varying colors and different decorations. Save the remaining material as you can make more wreaths or other items.
Will you make this wreath for your home?