Memorial Day is on the way and what better way to show your patriotism than how to make a wreath for the holiday? Before you know it, it will be time to remove your spring wreath and get ready to honor America’s fallen heroes. Bring red, white and blue to your home this summer and keep it up through Labor Day! What better spot to show off your patriotic spirit than on the entrance? If you’ve been wondering how to make a Memorial Day wreath, wonder no more.
How to Make a Wreath for Memorial Day
A deco mesh patriotic wreath is gorgeous for your summer home.
Image via: Love It So Much – Patriotic Wreaths
Holiday Wreaths Help You to Celebrate
Memorial Day comes at a great time. The weather is beautiful and summer is close by. Many people host barbecues or go for cookouts. But few take time to remember the true meaning of the day. If you want to celebrate Memorial Day wholeheartedly, display outdoor wreaths. You’ll help your friends to remember the reason for the day. Here’s how to make a wreath for Memorial Day.
24-inch white work wreath form
5-inch burlap mesh roll
2 1.5-inch accent wired ribbon
5 2.5-inch rolls of accent wired ribbon
Blue, white, and red patriotic decorations
Watch This Patriotic Wreath Tutorial
If you’d like a link to the Patriotic Wreath Video you can see it here.
- Write numbers on the tape, cut them, and place them on the wreath’s branches.
- After numbering the branches, separate them.
- Gather the end of the deco mesh, place it between 2 branches on the inner ring of the wreath form and secure it with them.
- Pull 15-20 inches of the deco mesh, make a loop, and then secure it with the next branches on the ring.
- Repeat the process to make more loops. Attach the mesh to the inner ring and outer ring.
- Spread out the loops to make the wreath look full.
- Attach the burlap mesh randomly to make the wreath look fuller.
- Pair the two types of wired ribbon and attach them to the wreath’s branches.
- Insert the decor objects till you are happy with the way the wreath looks. Secure them to the back of the wreath.
Image via: Etsy – Wreaths by Stephanie – Holiday Wreaths
To see a yarn wreath tutorial take a look at our yarn wreath tutorial here.
Embellish Your Home with Patriotic Decorations This Year
On Memorial Day, the graves of fallen soldiers are decorated with stars. Reflect that in your home and decorate it with stars and stripes. You can also fly a flag at half-staff from sunrise until noon. Teach your children the words to some of the nation’s best songs and sing them together. To complete the weekend beautifully, make a dessert with an American theme.
Memorial Day means more than adorning your porch with red, white, and blue decor objects. Spend the extra day off honoring our country’s many fallen heroes and make it memorable.
For more summer wreath ideas take a look at our summer archives.