Crafting fall wreaths is a great way to make your home ready for the season and to display the season’s beautiful bounty. Making yarn wreaths with a fall twist for your interiors and doors is a simple way to bring the fall colors into your home. The great thing about these wreaths is that you can use various types of colorful yarns – recreating a miniature of the vibrantly colorful season outside.
Check out our step-by-step guide to making a yarn fall wreath that will make your neighbors stop by to revel in your craftiness.
How to Make a Yarn Fall Wreath
Image via: Etsy – Fall Yarn Wreath – HLK’s Door Decor…
Watch the Video to Make this Wreath:
Link to the Yarn Fall Wreath Video here.
Yarn Fall Wreath Materials:
- A straw wreath form (you can also use foam wreath forms)
- 1.5 skeins of yarn or as you need (you can use yarn of any color or of mixed colors)
- Artificial flowers
- Two large sheets of felt to make cutouts of felt leaves (choose the felt craft sheets in the colors that reflect to the colors of leaves this season)
- Hot glue gun
Image via: Etsy – Bright Fall Owl Wreath – Rustic Owl Decor
How to Make the Yarn Fall Wreath
- Sketch out a leaf or several leaves of different sizes on the felt sheets and cut them out with scissors. Now, use the leaves to sketch and cut out a bunch more. Keep them aside.
- Take the wreath form and use the hot glue gun to glue one end of the yarn to a point of the wreath form. Start wrapping the yarn around the form until the entire form is covered. Now, glue the last end of the yarn to the form.
- Take the leaf cutouts and glue them to ¼-part of the wreath into a nice pattern.
- Now, use the hot glue gun to glue the flowers to embellish another ¼-part of the wreath. It will look nice if you the flower- and leaf-decorated parts are opposite to each other.
- Other decorative stuffs that you can use on the wreath are plastic animal figurines, glittering snowflakes, fake birds, mini pinecones, mini gourds, etc.
Image via: Etsy – Fall Squirrel Wreath – Rustic Owl Decor
Your yarn fall wreath is ready! You can hang it on the front door or make several small ones to hang on the walls of your living room or above the mantel. Complement the wreath with a few flower plants and a welcome mat if hung on the front door. In case of interior decoration, pair the wreaths up with flowers, accessories, and decorative lighting.
Have you made any fall wreath lately? If you’re looking for another fall wreath try this Fall Leaf Wreath Tutorial.
Denise/DIY Crush says
Oh I love your wreaths!!! Just found you through 2BeesInAPod!! I’d love to have you come over and link your post up to my craft party which starts at 7pm EST. and is new every Thursday! I also pin every post!
Ronique Gibson says
Aww thanks Denise! I appreciate it 🙂 I will try to stop by 🙂
Chelc | Inside the Fox Den says
Love how you made these wreaths! Pinned, tweeted, and shared. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday, hope to see you again next week!
Ronique Gibson says
Thanks Chelc for having me! Such great ideas on Merry Monday 🙂