Pet lovers are all about showing off their love for their furry friends. We’ve brought a tutorial that’ll show you how to craft a gorgeous burlap deco mesh wreath for pet lovers that is also perfect as an all-year around wreath for your indoor or outdoor home. The wreath is super easy to make and you can get most of its embellishments if you look into your craft stash. In fact, you can use anything such as animal-printed ribbon, pet toys, plastic bones, etc. to incorporate the animal theme.
How to Make a Burlap Deco Mesh Wreath for Pet Lovers
Image via: Etsy – Pet Lovers Burlap Deco Mesh Wreath – Delia Kate Designs
Burlap Deco Mesh Wreath Materials:
3 to 4 rolls of burlap deco mesh or burlap ribbon
2 ribbon rolls of different patterns
Heart-shaped paper cutouts
Image via: Etsy – Pet Lovers Deco Mesh Wreath – Beautiful Mesh
How to Make a Burlap Wreath:
- Secure the starting point of the burlap deco mesh with a piece of floral wire at the middle areas of the wire frame where the metal bars cross each other.
- Start folding the deco mesh at every 12-inch and secure it to the frame around the inside loop using floral wire.
- Next, secure the deco mesh at the outside loop and cover the outside loop following the previous step.
- After covering the entire wreath, stretch the deco mesh a bit to make it look fluffy and cover the wire frame completely.
- Now, cut several pieces from the two rolls of ribbon, make small bows, and attach them around the wreath to add pops of colors and jazz up the look.
Image via: Etsy – Dog Lovers Burlap Wreath – Loves House of Burlap
Making Animal Crafts for Dog Lovers and Cat Lovers
- To add an animal theme to the burlap deco mesh wreath, create a big bow or attach several bows to make a bigger one with the pet themed ribbon and attach it to the bottom part of the wreath.
- Now take the heart-shaped paper cutouts and imprint paw prints on them with a paw print stamp, Archival Ink, and black craft paint. Attach them to the wreath with glue.
- If you are looking for an exclusively dog-themed wreath, glue a few small dog bones around the wreath.
Hang this cute burlap deco mesh wreath up on your front door and it’ll make a great first impression to your guests. It’ll also make a fantastic wall hanging inside your home, especially when pretty much everything in your home features delightful pet themes.
For more deco mesh wreaths visit our archives here.
the cape on the corner says
cute. i would happily rock a crazy cat lady wreath, ain’t no shame in that!
Terry Moore says
Loving the Crazy Cat Lady since I love cats and that ribbon! Great job
I love them. Being a dog lover I really like that the wreaths are about pets. Very nice job and thanks for sharing. Just started blogging after one yr away, stop in and give me a visit. Thanks.
Susan @ Culinary Envy says
i would like to order one of each please! OH my goodness, these are absolutely darling. Pinned!
Ronique Gibson says
Thanks Susan! If you click on the image you will be taken to the Etsy owner if you’d like to purchase 🙂
The crazy cat lady wreath made me giggle. It’s too cute and, of course, pretty like always!
Pinned and tweeted!
Thanks for joining us for the Wake Up Wednesday link party!
We hope to see you next week!
Kate | TheOrganizedDream.com
These wreaths are so adorable. I have a cat and 4 dogs. I might have to make one for the front and one for the back.
Thanks for the tutorial,
I am totally a crazy cat lady! This wreath is adorable!
Lou Lou Girls says
Hello Beautiful! Just stopping by to let you know we will be featuring you tonight at our linky party!!!!! We have pinned and tweeted your masterpiece! We can’t wait to party with you! Lou Lou Girls
I need the dog one! So cute! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty hope to see you back!
How fun. I never thought of making a wreath inspired by our dogs 🙂 Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.
Emily @DomesticDeadline.com says
Too cute! I don’t have pets, but know some people who would love these! Thanks for linking up to #HomeMattersParty