Have you ever thought of using PVC Pipe for crafts and not just for plumbing? The greatest thing about wreath making is probably that you can use so many items and materials to make them. Recycled materials wreaths or materials that have a multipurpose can be well known for their use in wreath making or completely innovative. One of those unexpected items to use is definitely the PVC pipe, so read on to learn How to use PVC Pipe for a Recycled Art Wreath. Such a wreath is easy to make and you can use colorful Christmas ornaments to match the decor of your outdoor or indoor home.
How to Use PVC Pipe for a Recycled Art Wreath
We love these 2 PVC pipe wreath ideas from Etsy shop – Red Sketch Door
PVC Pipe Wreath Materials
PVC pipe in assorted sizes
Ribbon or rope or twine
A small round bucket or paint can for the middle of wreath
Christmas ball ornaments in colors to match your decor (shatterproof are best)
PVC Pipe Wreath Video:
You can find the link to the video on how to make a PVC pipe wreath here.
Creative Holiday Wreath Idea with PVC Pipe & Christmas Ornaments
Image via: Red Sketch Door on Etsy – Winter wreath ideas
Wreath Making Directions:
- First cut your pipes into 2 inch long pieces. You can use a measuring tape and a marker to make this step easier.
- Next, take your round item and put on your working surface. Arrange your pipe pieces around that object to make a circle, until you are satisfied with the look of your wreath.
- Begin gluing the pieces together (don’t glue the pipe to your circular object) using the hot glue gun or suitable glue. Continue until you have glued together all the pieces and your wreath looks the way you want it to. Remove the circular item from the middle.
- If you want you can spray paint your wreath so it works better with your home decorations. Let it dry completely.
- Add a ribbon or twine or rope around some of the pipe pieces to hang it. You can drill holes to larger pieces and thread the rope or ribbon through them if you prefer.
- If you want you can glue some embellishments securely into the pipe pieces and hang it after that on the wall.
Recycled art for your home
Many items can be used to decorate your home even if they don’t look like it at first. Using recycled items does not only help the planet by reducing waste, it can add some unique character to your interiors as well.
Image via: Etsy shop – Red Sketch Decor – PVC pipe wreath
Recycled materials to use to give old items a new life
Using recycled materials, like mason jars and bottles that this Etsy shop we love uses, can look more stunning then you might give them credit for if you just use them in an unexpected way.
Wreath ideas made from recycled items
Using old newspapers, leftover fabric pieces or even old repainted cans can provide you with all you need to make some fabulous, eco-friendly wreaths.
Making wreaths out of recycled materials and creating wonderful recycled art wreaths even out of PVC pipe like the ones in this article can give you a modern wreath that can be adjusted to any season and needs. Make it for the holidays and embellish it with Christmas ornaments or for Easter by filling it with some cute deco bunnies and Easter eggs. Or just add some mini vases with fresh flowers for spring time. The options are limitless.