If you’re looking to update your entryway or add to its beauty, try a burlap wreath. Easy to make and cost-effective, it will liven up your home façade and bring lively color to your interiors or your outdoor. This wreath’s neutral color will give your home a lovely rustic touch and can be embellished with your favorite flowers and accessories like branches, vines and more. The wreath can be made by DIY amateurs so you don’t have to worry about not getting a good outcome. You can try making it with your friends or craft group, or as gifts for the upcoming season. For great results, follow this easy burlap wreath tutorial.
Simple Burlap Wreath Tutorial (Video)
Image via: Etsy – Simply Country Burlap – Burlap Wreath
Wreath Materials You Will Need
- 6-inch wide Burlap Ribbon
- Fall leaves, flowers, and decorations
- Hot glue gun
- 16″ Metal Wreath Frame
Watch a Video on How to Make a Burlap Wreath
Wreath Making Directions:
- Using one end of the burlap, make a knot on the wire wreath.
- Pass the burlap through one of the frame’s partitions. Twist it to create a sideways loop as this helps cover the wreath frame.
- Make more loops but ensure each loop is next to the previous one. This helps the loops appear full and holds each one in place.
- Make as many loops as you want – the more loops you have, the fuller your wreath will look. You can make the loops similar or contrast them.
- If some burlap is left, cut it off. Tie a knot at the end and tuck it into the loops.
- Use hot glue to attach the flowers, leaves, and other fall decorations you might have.
Image via: Hinterland Trading – Natural Burlap Wreath with Starfish
If you keep up with decoration trends, you probably know that burlap has been popular for a number of years. It is on blogs, websites, and even social networks. The best thing about a burlap wreath is that it can adorn your home throughout the year – it never goes out of style! If you don’t have money to remodel your entryway, don’t fret. Simply make this wreath that will draw every eye to itself. As the seasons change, you can update your wreath by changing the decorations. Make one for your front door and create a warm and welcoming entrance for your visitors.
What occasions are you making burlap wreaths for this season? We’d love to hear!
If you’re interested in making a multi-colored burlap wreath, look at this tutorial.