Can your fall home ever get tired of pumpkin decor? It’s that time of the year again when we feel inspired to break out the Thanksgiving decorations with Fall’s bounty. And, what screams Fall and Thanksgiving more than pumpkin decor? Besides warm blankets and your fireplace, creating a Thanksgiving wreath with pumpkin decor is probably the best way to warm up your home for the cooler weather.
This wreath takes just a few supplies. The crafting is also very simple, so even if you are not feeling very energetic for a new project, you can do it anyway. Follow the video tutorial if you want to make a cool fall-themed Thanksgiving wreath that looks more expensive than it is. However, check the following tutorial if you want a simpler version.
How to Make a Thanksgiving Pumpkin Decor Wreath
Image via: Etsy – Thanksgiving Fall Wreath – Chickadee Lore
Watch a Pumpkin Decor Wreath Video:
Here’s a link to the pumpkin decor wreath video.
Wreath Making Materials
Small, lightweight faux pumpkins (orange, white, silver, or any color of your choice)
A mini plaque
Wreath Making Directions:
- Insert the picks into the pumpkin and tuck them into the wreath. Use floral wire to secure firmly. Cover at least one-fourth part of the wreath with pumpkins.
- Take half of the bigger leaves and tuck them under the intertwining sticks of the wreath the way we hold cards while playing card games. Use a dab of glue at the base or stem area to secure the leaves firmly to the wreath. Attach these leaves at one end of the pumpkin decoration.
- Layer half of the smaller leaves and place on the bigger ones, and secure similarly.
- Follow steps 2 and 3, and attach the leaves at the other end of the pumpkin decoration.
- Use the faux berries to fill in the blank spaces in between the pumpkins. Secure with glue or floral wire.
- Give the wreath a sophisticated finish with a festive mini plaque. Insert a piece of burlap ribbon through the hanger on the back of the plaque, and tie it to the wreath.
This pumpkin decor wreath is perfect if you’d like to add a festive seasonal to your home. Plus, the burlap and grapevine give it a real rustic flair that fits the winter decoration in your home.
Image via: Etsy – Thanksgiving Wreath Pumpkin Decorations – Chickadee Lore
Autumn & Fall Wreaths Decorating Ideas
A fresh wreath to your front door is a warm way to welcome guests. It can also be a beautiful yet inexpensive housewarming gift for a new neighbor! Woman’s Day features some terrific fall wreath decoration ideas that will instantly inspire your DIY crafting soul!
Thanksgiving Decor Ideas with Pumpkins
Who does not want to jazz up their home with beautiful decorations for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday? Country Living shares 35 Thanksgiving decoration ideas with pumpkin and more that will make a terrific impression!