Pumpkin decorations are huge this time of year! Fall wreaths are such a decor prop that you can use all year round. They are perfect for matching with seasonal spirits whether for warming up the winter months or complementing the lively spirit of summer season. The same is true with autumn decorations. Want to instantly bring a touch of fall into your home decor? I’d suggest you try making a fall wreath!
How to Make Fall Wreaths with Pumpkin Decorations
Image via: Etsy – Fall Wreath – Your Handmade Wreath
Creative autumn wreaths can live on and around your home before the winter strikes! Fall wreaths decorated with autumn harvest, especially pumpkins, look great on your front door or inside the house whether your taste is plain and rustic or minimal and modern.
Pumpkin Decorations Wreath Materials:
Wreath Making Directions:
- Cover the entire foam wreath with sheet moss. Apply hot glue to keep the moss stuck to the base.
- Insert florist picks into the bottom of the dried gourds and pumpkins and apply hot glue at the joint to secure. Wait until the glue cools down.
- Stick the pumpkins and gourds into the wreath in an alternative order or any sequence you like. Apply hot glue at the connection so that they are tightly secured at the joint. Cover the entire front side of the wreath with gourds and pumpkins. No need to cover the backside unless you’re going to hang it in front of a mirror.
- Now, fill in with putka pods and more moss and secure them with glue. These dried seed pods look exactly like tiny pumpkins but don’t deteriorate like real pumpkins, which make them quite fitting to be an autumn wreath prop.
- Create a loop with a long piece of burlap ribbon so that it remains at the eye level even after hanging at the top edge of the door. Adjust the length of the loop if you’re going to hang it from somewhere else.
You can use the leftover mini pumpkins from Halloween decorations fall wreath crafting project. With pumpkins, you can combine all of the glories fall has to offer such as colorful leaves, mums, daisies, pinecones, etc.
Image via: Etsy – Autumn Wreath – Dazzlement
Unique Fall Wreath Ideas
Making fall wreaths is budget-friendly and not that much complicated because the season offers many bounties that can easily make their way into your project. If you’re lacking inspiration, check out this Country Living gallery for 21 lovely autumn wreaths that you can try this season.
We think you’ll also love this acorn wreath tutorial to brighten your fall door.