‘Tis the season for adding a gorgeous holiday pine wreath to your outdoor home. Nothing can beat the ‘wow’ factor that a handmade wreath can singlehandedly add to your holiday décor. Making a holiday wreath is simple, as you just have to gather the supplies, seasonal embellishments, and tie everything together with a large dose of holiday spirit. However, a holiday pine wreath could be the best option if you’re thinking of a winter wreath that will last through the holiday season.
How to Make a Simple Holiday Pine Wreath
Image via: Instagram: The Wreath House – Pine Wreath Ideas
The video tutorial shows you how to use different types of fresh greenery and berries to create a holiday wreath. However, check the directions written below if you are in the mood for making a pine wreath with the right amount of festive dose:
Pine Wreath Making Supplies:
Ornamentsor other Christmas decorations
How to Make a Pine Wreath Video:
Link to pine wreath video is here.
Wreath Making Materials for Pine Wreath
Unless you want a huge pine wreath, use the 12-inch form because it will end up being twice the size of your expectation after you finish.
- Take a hand full of pine leaves (cut at 6-inch or at a length of your desire) and bundle them together. Lay the bundle slightly diagonally on the wreath form. Then, pull the wire slightly above the cutting ends, and wrap around the bundle and frame a couple of times.
- Make another bundle with pine leaves and place it overlapping the first. Continue wrapping with the wire.
- Keep repeating step 2.
- Now, lay the faux white berries on the pine leaves and attach with either glue or floral wire. Try to spread the berries evenly over every part of the wreath.
- Add 3 to 4 jingle bells in a sporadic manner on the wreath. Attach them with glue. Choose them in silver color with a little bit of golden glitter to keep the festive mood on.
- Make a double bow with the silk ribbon and attach it to the wreath with glue.
Image via: Etsy – Pine Wreath Ideas – Designing Creations
With the single basic technique, which is wiring materials to a wire form, you can create an infinite variety of holiday wreaths. So, let your imagination run wild and follow the same directions to create your own version!
Holiday Wreaths with Fresh Greenery
If you want to make a wreath with fresh greenery instead, Houzz has made it easier for you by breaking the wreath-making process into eight simple steps. The wreath layers a couple of different greenery types and bright berries to create a textured look.
If you are worried about how to keep your holiday wreaths fresh and colorful in dry winter weather, Martha Stewart is here to save you with 10 killer tips. Try them out!
Creative Ideas for Christmas Pine Wreaths
If you are looking for some fun wreath ideas that scream ‘Christmas,’ Architecture Art Designs have 20 of them.
For more winter wreath ideas take a look through our Christmas wreath category.