Paper crafts are becoming more popular! There are many different ways and materials to make a wreath, but one of the easiest and most impressive wreaths are made out of coffee filters. It takes only a few inexpensive materials to make paper wreaths ideas and using various embellishments, you can give your wreath a great twist for using it for different seasons. You can leave this coffee filter wreath plain works also great since it looks stunning even all by itself. So continue reading to learn about how to make paper craft wreaths from coffee filters.
How To Make Paper Crafts Wreaths from Coffee Filters
Image via: Etsy – Your Handmade Wreath – Paper crafts wreaths from coffee filters
Front Door Wreaths Supplies:
10 inch foam wreath form
Decorations (faux flowers etc…)
Coffee Filters Wreath Video:
You can find the link to the video coffee filter wreath video here.
Wreath Making Directions:
- If you want to make colored paper crafts from coffee filters you can choose between a few ways to color you filters. You can use some acrylic paint with water and just saturate the filter, flatten it and let it dry or you can use spray paint to paint them, or just some strong black tea to stain them. Let the coffee filters dry completely before moving on.
- Take one coffee filter and wrinkle it (you can place an unsharpened pencil in the middle of it and wrap it around the tip of the pencil). Pinch and flatten the base of the coffee filter. Prepare a lot of them before starting to glue them on.
- When ready, glue the flat end of each coffee filter onto the foam wreath. You can follow a pattern like gluing rows or you can just glue them snuggly side by side.
- Continue with the rest of the coffee filter until you have completely covered the foam wreath form.
- Add a ribbon to hang you wreath by wrapping around the wreath or gluing it onto it.
- Make corrections if needed or blank spots occur, by gluing together some of the coffee filter on you wreath.
- Add your decorations by gluing them onto the coffee filters.
Making summer wreaths
Summer wreaths are a great way to spend some time on a creative project, especially in the vacation season. Just pick some of the unlimited summer themes and items to make your own special summer wreath.
Using wreaths for floral arrangements
Wreaths can easily be adjusted to make wonderful floral arrangements. Choose a color scheme or your favorite flowers and arrange them on a foam wreath form.You can also use the same materials for a wreath but display them in the center of your table!
Front door wreaths
Most wreaths look great hanging on your front door. Make sure to use weather resistant materials, especially if you don’t have a porch or something else that can provide some protection from wind and rain.
Image via: Etsy – Your Handmade Wreath – Front door wreath
Making this stunning wreath is a little bit time consuming but the result will definitely compensate you. It is a wreath with volume and it can look really chic and classy, even luxurious. Use a few summer items to turn this wreath into the absolute summer wreath, but make sure to hang it inside or in a well-protected area, since coffee filters don’t do so well if they get to much rain on them. Paper wreaths are inexpensive and fun at the same time, so make one this summer as soon as you gather all your materials.
For more paper wreath ideas visit our Paper Wreath Pinterest Board.