Who doesn’t love creating a New Years Resolution? If you are hosting a New Year’s Eve party, make this craft and captivate everyone. During the party, ask your family and friends to share their resolutions so you can keep each other motivated throughout the year. Goals are hard to achieve on your own but easier when you have plenty of support. You can also make the tree the centerpiece of your dining table. It is a New Year’s craft that will become an instant conversation starter no matter its location. Follow these instructions to make it.
Start the Year Right: Make a New Years Resolution Tree
You can use branches like our DIY idea below, or you can buy a plywood one like this from Etsy Shop – S1Ann Topper – New Years Resolution Tree
Materials for New Year’s Resolution Tree
Watch The Video How to Customize your Branches for a Creative Touch!
Also called Wishing Trees, we love these ideas. For a direct link to the video, click here.
New Year’s Resolution Tree Directions:
- Cut the paper according to your preferred shapes. Make sure they are big enough to write on.
- Make holes on every piece of paper with the paper punch.
- Cut the twine into small pieces and put them through the holes you made. Tie the ends.
- Put some of the stones inside the vase. Vary the sizes so as to leave gaps where you can insert the branches.
- Place the branches inside the vase and add the remaining stones.
- Write your resolutions so as to let your guests know the purpose of the tree.
- Place the blank papers in the basket and set it next to the tree.
We love to use Craftsy for deals on arts and crafts, check them out here!
This New Year’s craft is a small project with a big impact. It will add color and interest to your home. Encourage your family and friends to jot down their resolutions and hang them on the tree. Afterwards, you can support each other when the going gets tough. You can assign the tree a permanent spot in your home so as to remind yourself of your goals. It will enhance your decor and serve as a constant reminder.
If you’re looking for more crafts, visit our decorating category!