Fall door swag is perfect to bring length and fullness to your front door. Wreaths are our usual decorative item for any holiday, big occasions, or for seasonal adornment. Why not try something different this fall instead of the usual fall wreath? A swag could definitely be a better alternative!
Nature blesses us with plenty of produce and flowers this season, which can be used for crafting many door decorations, especially some cute-looking swags.
How to Use Flowers for a Beautiful Fall Door Swag
Image via: Etsy – Fall Flowers Door Swag – Chickadee Lore
An average door swag made with wonderful autumn flowers is a fitting decorative item for fall or any other occasions. Check out the tutorial to make a door swag with fall flowers and greenery.
Fall Door Swag Supplies:
A wire clothes hanger
Flowers of choice (fresh or artificial)
Ornaments of choice or seasonal embellishments
Fall Door Swag Directions:
- Bring together the both sides of the wire hanger to create an oblong shape for hanging the flowers and decorative pieces.
- Take the longer pieces of greenery and use it to cover the hanger base. Secure it by wrapping floral wire around it. Now, take the pieces of greenery one by one and attach them to the wire base with floral wire. It will create a layered look, add texture, and above all, ensure the structural integrity to your swag.
- Now, it’s time to add the flowers. Add layers of flowers with bigger ones first and smaller ones on them. You can secure them with floral wire or hot glue.
- Glue or wire the ornaments or seasonal embellishments in a way they look nice.
- Make a bow with the red and gold striped ribbon and attach it to the upper part of the base. Leave long tails of the bow to make a loop with them.
- Now, hang the swag on your door to give your guests a warm welcome and add more curb appeal to your home.
If you are looking for a gorgeous swag for bigger occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas, Better Homes and Gardens features a fall silk flowers studded with red berries and topped with a silk red bow!
Image via: Etsy – Silk flowers swag – Chickadee Lore
Fall Decoration Arrangements with Beautiful Flowers
Autumn has no shortage of colors in the form of beautiful flowers and foliage. Check out some wonderful fall flowers arrangements from Martha Stewart. They are dramatic, beautiful, and you can’t make them in any other time of year!
Fall Swags with Silk Flowers
Using silk flowers for the door swag is clever as you can use it for several seasons. Fresh flower swags don’t last more than a month but artificial flowers will last for a long time and hold up in different weather conditions.
Check out this Houzz idea section for silk flowers arrangements for home decorations.
Making a seasonal door swag is a fun way to bring the seasonal colors and spirit into your home. They look beautiful and making them is super fun. The DIY project is so easy that it won’t take more than an hour of your leisure time!