A Christmas burlap wreath is the perfect craft for the holidays. Thanks to scores of DIY craft blogs, home décor magazines, and of course Pinterest, wreaths have made a comeback in your home décor scheme in a big way. They have become the favorite décor props of craft lovers whether it’s Christmas or any other holiday. However, of all the types, a Christmas burlap wreath is probably the easiest as you can make it quickly and can literally try hundreds of versions because burlap is so versatile!
The video tutorial shows how to make a Christmas wreath with red and holly berry print burlap. However, follow the tutorial for a different version of burlap wreath with a festive holiday spin. The wreath is so cute that it will impress the guests even if you’re a DIY newbie. Adding the Christmas ornaments, greenery, and flowers has given the wreath a personal touch. You can use the wreath any time of the year just by changing the flowers and ornaments.
How to Make a Christmas Burlap Wreath
Image via: Etsy – Xmas Wreaths – Burlap Blooms
Christmas Burlap Wreath Video:
Christmas Burlap Wreath Making Supplies
2 or 3 deep-red faux peonies
Colorful small foam balls
Christmas Burlap Wreath Making Directions
- Select a section of the wire wreath to start weaving the burlap ribbon. Fold the burlap in half along the width and pass the beginning end through the wire frame. Pass it over the outer ring and under the next, and then over the next ring and under the inner ring to finish. Use floral wire to attach the loose end to the wreath in the back.
- Create a bubble effect by pulling out the working end of the burlap right next to the first row, but this time weave in the opposite direction.
- Continue doing this until you cover the entire wreath. Secure the last end of the burlap with floral wire.
- Fluff out some of the folded bubbles or you can leave the wreath as it is.
- Attach the faux greenery branches and the beautiful red peonies over them to the wreath with glue or floral wire. Finish the look by gluing some colorful small foam balls.
Image via: Etsy – Festive Burlap Wreath – Your Handmade Wreath
The simple but beautiful wreath can instantly make your front door smile. However, it will suit more in the indoors, gracing your mantle or making a bare wall more festive.
Christmas Wreaths with Burlap
Do you want to make a different version of the Christmas burlap wreath? Craftaholics Anonymous fulfills your wish! The red and green wreath costs only a few bucks but looks stunning nevertheless.
Xmas Wreaths: Outdoor Versions
A burlap wreath is not quite suitable for the front door because the snowy winter weather will wear it out pretty quickly. Best Products brings some ideas of outdoor wreaths for your front door adornment if you want your home to look a bit extra festive this Christmas.
For more Christmas wreath ideas take a look at this red felt wreath.