Creating a succulents wreath combines using gorgeous plants and organic materials. They look like flowers and have the ability to retain water in dry conditions. If you want to decorate your home affordably, make a succulents wreath. You can mix succulents of different types and colors to create an eye-catching montage of hues and textures.
How to Make a Beautiful Succulents Wreath
Image via: BHG
Succulent Wreaths Make Great Front Door Wreaths!
If you think that only wreaths made of natural or artificial flowers look gorgeous, you’re wrong. A succulent wreath on your front door can stop traffic while one inside your home can brighten up the space. The great thing about succulents is that they are not expensive and they are easily accessible. Follow our step-by-step instructions to make a wreath you will be proud of.
How to Make a Succulents Wreath Video:
Video Link to Make a Succulents Wreath:
Heavy wire wreath form with back (designed for planting)
Greening pins (optional)
- Remove the back section of the wreath form.
- Put the burlap inside the wreath form. Press it to fit.
- Add the soil for cactus plants. Press the soil inside the burlap to ensure it doesn’t spill out
- Cut the excess burlap using the scissors. Leave a bit on the side to cover the soil with. Next, cut a circle in the center of the burlap.
- Cover the soil with the coco liner and glue the excess burlap to it to lock in the soil. You may have to make small cuts on the burlap for it to lie on the liner.
- Put the back part of the wreath back on.
- Turn the wreath over and make a small cut on the burlap.
- Move the soil around then place a succulent in the hole. Press it in gently using your fingers. You can use a greening pin to hold it in place.
- Repeat the same process with the other succulents till you fill the wreath.
- If the burlap is still visible, add moss around the succulents.
- Place your wreath on the wreath hanger and display it outdoors or in.
Image via: Black Gold
Succulents and Cactus Plants Make For Great Spring Wreaths!
If you want a wreath that will beautify your home during spring, look no further than a succulent wreath. It will draw eyes to itself and make you look forward to entertaining (because of all the compliments you will get).
Don’t feel like making your own succulent wreath – why not purchase a succulent wreath kit?
Image via: CarmelWreaths on Etsy… – Succulent Wreath Kit
You can modify your wreath for different occasions of the year. You can add a red bow for Valentine’s or the festive season, and a burlap one for the other seasons. Water it every few days to ensure the plants don’t die.
We know you love succulents, what other succulent home decor ideas do you have?
Sign up to get ideas and promotions to celebrate, decorate & organize your home, for FREE!