Grapevine wreaths and organic material wreaths are an excellent option when you want to decorate your home with nature. Making a grapevine wreath is very easy and the best thing about it is that you can collect the main ingredients – the grapevines around your home! Collect it from your own backyard arbor or ask a neighbor to donate some vine pieces.
Image via: Etsy – Enoch Farm – Grapevine Wreath Plain
How to Make a Grapevine Wreath (Video)
Watch the Grapevine Wreath video here.
You will certainly enjoy making such a wreath, especially in this fall season when ingredients like grapevine, leaves, flowers, etc. can be found in your backyard. This tutorial will guide you to making your own grapevine wreath – from collecting the vine to gild it for decoration.
Things You’ll Need
Image via: Etsy – Crooked Tree Creation – Grapevine Wreath with Snow
- After collecting the vines, remove if there are any dried leaves or fruits. To make the shaping easier, try to use the vine immediately after collecting them.
- If the vines are dry, soak them in water for a few hours. It will make them bendy and make it easier for you to give them the desired shape.
- Gather the vine pieces and form them into a large circular shape.
- To keep the vine pieces stick together, bind them with a few thick and flexible vine strands. Wind them around the bundle by tucking their ends in and continue the process until the entire wreath is secured.
- Tuck the loose ends in and prune a bit if necessary.
- Now, keep the wreath somewhere so that it dries out and takes the desired shape in the process.
Decorated Grapevine Wreath Ideas
Image via: Etsy — Chic Wreath – Grapevine Wreath with Ribbon
You can keep the wreath as it is or enhance it with dried flowers and ribbon to make it more gorgeous and festive. Decorating them with dried nuts, colorful leaves, or dried flowers will give them a seasonal touch.
Tie a colorful chevron ribbon at the upper or lower part of the wreath. You can also take 2/3 thin ribbons of different colors and wind them around the entire wreath. In case of dried leaves and flowers, glue them to the wreath in a beautifully patterned design.
Your wreath is ready to adorn your home!
Image via: Etsy -Jenni Copeland Crafts – Grapevine Wreath with Flowers
See, making the grapevine wreath is no more difficult than winding a wire around a circle or rolling up your garden hose! Plus, it costs you almost nothing! So, let’s give this fun project a try in a lazy weekend.
The beautiful part about grapevine wreaths is they can be used year around and decorated and redecorated to fit any season. For more natural material wreaths – look to our Other Wreath Ideas.
Sign up to get ideas and promotions to celebrate, decorate & organize your home, for FREE!