Fall decorating ideas are always fun to start thinking about. Autumn comes with a colorful display and foliage. So, creating DIY fall wreaths this season for a decorating purpose is one of the simplest of tasks because all the natural embellishments like pumpkins, corn husks, twigs, bittersweet, etc. are readily available. All you have to do is to buy or collect them and have to have a bit of artistic sense to put them together to craft beautiful fall wreaths.
Making a fall-themed grapevine wreath isn’t difficult at all. Trust me, it’s not hard, rather kinda fun, and I bet you’ll want to make more after being done with the first one! Follow this tutorial and you’ll be able to gather fall decorating ideas to create a Pinterest-worthy wreath.
Creative Fall Decorating Ideas for a Grapevine Wreath
Image via: Etsy – Fall Wreath – An Extraordinary Gift
Fall Grapevine Wreath Supplies:
A piece of burlap ribbon
You can get these wreath making supplies at online shops or most of the arts and crafts stores. Buy the supplies on sale if you want to do the craft project on a budget.
Fall Grapevine Wreath Directions:
- Trim a floral stem leaving only four to five inches of the wrapped wire. Use that wire to secure one point of the stem to the wreath. Now, wrap the stem in and out of the entire grapevine form. Use another stem to add a second layer if one stem seems insufficient to cover the width of the wreath.
- Use the mix-n-match style such as using a faux lavender stem alongside a bright orange cattail stem to make the wreath look colorful and lively.
- Now, it’s time to decorate the wreath with fall picks. You should use the larger decorations first and then the medium and small items. Insert the sprigs and greenery evenly on either the entire wreath or any of the sides of your choice. Secure them with floral wire.
- Attach the berry twigs, dry pinecones, pumpkins, gourds, and colorful leaves evenly throughout the wreath with hot glue and floral wire. Glue the smaller items like acorns to fill in the bare spots on the wreath.
- Take the burlap ribbon and make a bow with four loops so that it looks fuller when attached to the wreath. Use a burlap strip to tie around the middle of your bow.
Now, hang it wherever you want and see how beautiful it looks! It’ll just scream ‘FALL’ for using natural seasonal decorations!
Image via: Etsy – Fall Grapevine Wreath – Designing Creations
Fall Decorating Ideas for Wreaths
There’s no shortage of decorative items during the fall season. So, you’ll never lack inspiration while making a wreath this season. You can use ornamental grasses, wildflower stems, or even artichokes to bedeck your favorite seasonal wreath!
This Better Homes and Garden article for fall decorating ideas will give you tips for creating a fall wreath.
Ideas for Fall Crafts
Making wreaths for every occasion can be boring. Need more fall crafts to try this season? Take a look at this Country Living article for autumn ideas.
Nothing makes a home more inviting than a wreath on the front door. Making this fall wreath will be fun and easy, especially when you can create many different versions with bountiful fall decorations.
Looking for more fall wreath tutorials? Browse through our fall wreath category.