Halloween is almost upon us! If you’re looking to celebrate the day fashionably but still scare some trick-or-treaters, this is the craft to make. Crafty yet elegant, it only requires a few supplies. It will give your home a great Halloween ambiance. This spider Halloween Halloween wreath doesn’t require a lot of expertise and you can make it even if you aren’t crafty. For a great outcome, follow the instructions to the latter.
How to Make a Tulle Halloween Spider Wreath
Image via: Etsy – Mama Spare Time Crafts – Halloween Skeleton Wreath
- Black yarn
- Plastic spider (1 big one or 3 small ones)
- Tulle ribbon (black and another color, about 50 yards each)
- A small piece of cardboard (rectangular)
- Metal craft hoop or embroidery hoop
- 2 Pipe cleaners
Image via: Pins and Things
How to Make a Tulle Halloween Wreath Video
Link to Halloween Spider Wreath Video
- Wrap the tulle around the cardboard till you get to the end of the roll.
- Cut the upper and lower parts of the folded tulle.
- Repeat the same process for the other tulle roll.
- Take a piece of tulle, fold it in half, and secure it to the hoop with a knot.
- Alternate the black and colored tulle to create a lovely contrast.
- Make your wreath full by pushing the black pieces backwards and the colored pieces frontwards.
- Keep adding more pieces of tulle till the wreath is full.
- Turn the wreath over and secure the yarn with a knot. Move it across the wreath and make another knot.
- Make more knots and ensure they crisscross at one point on the wreath. But they should not crisscross at the middle to mirror a spider’s web.
- Take a piece of yarn and secure it to the center of the web. Pull it to one of the strings near the middle, and secure it again with a knot.
- Move the yarn from one string to another, making knots. This creates the inner section of the web.
- Once the inner section is done, move to the outer section and continue making more knots.
- Make more sections until you get to the wreath.
- Hang the spider on the wreath. Secure it with the pipe cleaners.
- Hang your wreath.
As you get ready to celebrate Halloween, fill up your home with decorations that reflect the day. Give your front door a dash of creepy and scare all those who pass by. Tulle is easy on the pocket so you can buy as much as you want. If some is left, you can use it to make a wreath for another occasion.
Need more ideas for a Halloween wreath, try this Grapevine Snake Wreath tutorial.