Door wreaths are the perfect welcome to the spring season! Spring is all about blooming flowers and vibrating colors. A wonderful way to bring all these to your home is to make lively pretty tulip door wreaths. They might look complicated, but they are really easy to make and you will need only a small number of supplies. The best thing about these tulip door wreaths is that you can choose your favorite spring colors for your tulips and make the ideal wreath to complement your house. Read on to find out how to make them!
How to Make Pretty Tulip Door Wreaths
Image via: Etsy – Gypsy Spirit 2016 – Spring Wreath Tulip Door Wreaths
Tulip door wreaths supplies:
A flat 12 inch Styrofoam wreath form
About 60 floral pins
Hot glue gun and sticks (optional)
Tulip door wreaths video:
You can find the link to the door wreath video here.
- Start by wrapping the ribbon around the wreath form, covering every spot of the form. To secure the ribbon you can use floral pins at the beginning and the end of your ribbon or use a small amount of hot glue.
- Remove any tags from your tulips. Using your wire cutter, separate the tulips from their common plastic stem base so you will end up with smaller bunches/stems of tulips.
- Place a small bundle of tulip 3- 4 tulip stems sidewise on your wreath, so both the flowers and the stem are touching the wreath. Use a flower pin to secure it. Continue in the same direction, adding bundles next to each other until you have covered the entire wreath. You don’t need to cover the back of the wreath.
- If you find any gaps or unfilled areas, tuck in a few stems of tulips. You can secure them if necessary with floral pins.
- To make a hook for hanging you can use a pipe cleaner or a piece of ribbon that you tie into a loop and secure to the back of the wreath using a floral pin.
Tulip Door Wreath Ideas
Here are some ideas for Tulip Door Wreaths; use more than one colors of tulips, even three colors can fit. Just make sure you use a nice mix of the colors you want in each small tulip stem bundle. To make one color pop out and dominate the wreath, just use this color more in the bundle (so if you are using two colors, make stem bundles using three stems of the color you want to stand out and one stem of the other color; if you want to use three colors, use two stems of the color you want to stand out and one of each other color etc.)
Make a Door Wreath for Every Season
Having a seasonal door wreath hanging on your entrance door will welcome your guests and make your home standing out to any by passer. You can make wreaths suitable for every single occasion and every celebration. Just let your imagination guide you.
How to make a wreath
Making a wreath doesn’t have to be difficult. Just choose the right supplies and directions and trust your designer instincts and it’s sure that the result will amaze you.
Make a spring wreath to celebrate the season
Having a spring wreath on your door is the perfect way to welcome this beautiful season. The colors you can choose are endless, since nature is just bursting with them. Inspiration can be found by taking a simple walk outdoors passing by gardens and parks full of spring flowers.
Image via: Etsy – Refined Wreath – Tulip Door Wreath Ideas
So don’t lose any time. Next time you come across some wonderful silk or other artificial tulips grab a lot of them and make a beautiful wreath everyone will talk about. Choose your colors according to your home and taste and let the end result speak for itself. Also, using smaller or bigger tulip flowers can take you to a completely different outcome. To give your tulip door wrath even more character, add a beautiful monogram or other statement item to it. Finally, you can add some artificial grass here and there to give your wreath more volume.
For more spring wreath ideas try this Hydrangea Wreath tutorial!