Using burlap and deco mesh has become one our favorite materials to make mesh wreaths. Crafting seasonal or holiday wreaths and decorating the front doors and mantels with them is fun but crafting separate wreaths for every occasion is time-consuming and expensive as well. Mesh wreaths can solve this problem because they look festive-enough as wreaths to display all year-around.
We’re going to show you step-by-step process of creating mesh burlap wreaths. Such lovely wreaths decorating your home are sure to draw attention and have guests complimenting your style!
How to Make Burlap and Mesh Wreaths
Image via: Etsy – Craft N Relax – Deco Mesh Wreath Ideas
Burlap and Mesh Wreaths Materials:
Rolls of burlap color deco mesh ribbon
Coordinating craft color ribbon for bow
Burlap Mesh Wreaths Directions:
- Take a piece of floral wire and attach the one end of the mesh to the backside of the wire form.
- Push the mesh through the outer opening of the wire form to make a three-inch loop on the front side. Successively, push it through the middle and then the inside openings in the same process.
- Repeat the previous step until the entire wire form is covered. If the deco mesh roll is finished, secure the last end to the backside of the wreath with a floral wire. Now, take a new roll and secure its one end to the point where the first roll was finished. Repeat the second step.
- When the entire wreath is covered, push the loops together to make them look compact and full. Then, pull the loops apart a bit so that they look fluffy and hide any visible part of the wreath form behind them.
- Glue or wire a colorful ribbon or pre-made bows to the wreath to give it a sprightly vibe for spring.
Image via: Etsy – Shelly’s Chic Designs – Deco Mesh Wreaths
Wreath Ideas for Different Seasons
With Memorial Day around the corner, you could add a patriotic ribbon or pre-made patriotic bows to your deco mesh wreaths. Just wire the ribbon along the shape of the wreaths or secure the bows with hot glue gun.
Give the wreaths a summer flavor by adding a chicken wire ribbon along them and attaching foam starfishes and small balls and faux oysters. They will give your burlap wreaths a stunning seaside look, perfect for the summer season.
You can even use them during the fall season too just by attaching and securing fall flowers with hot glue gun and glue sticks. Any kind of fall swag or a cute fall sign will also do the trick.
Wreath Making Supplies
Making such beautiful mesh wreaths will cost you only a small fortune because the supplies are inexpensive. You can get them at the floral section of any large craft stores. The burlap-looking deco mesh has more body and is more weather-resistant than actual burlap. So, your mesh burlap wreaths are likely to last for months.
For more deco mesh wreath ideas take a look at these deco mesh tutorials.
This is so beautiful and I love the colors and the center of the wreath. Lovely and I enjoyed visiting your lovely blog. I would love for you to share this post at a link party I am hosting. Hope to see you there. Thank you. http://diy180site.blogspot.com/2016/07/dishing-it-digging-it-link-party-106.html
I need to make a new wreath for fall, so this is perfect! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!
I have never mastered the burlap wreath. I can’t wait to try your tutorials.