Who doesn’t love to look at a full, layered burlap Easter wreath? They are crafters’ favorite because you can just leave them alone to enjoy a more natural, rustic look or embellish to suit the theme of any season or occasion. Easter will be here in a few weeks so this is the perfect time to make your own burlap wreath. Follow out tutorial to see how much fun, easy, and quick it is to make a burlap wreath for Easter.
Easter Wreath Ideas: How to Make a Burlap Wreath
Image via: Etsy -Grand Entrance Wreaths… – Burlap Wreath for Easter
How to Make a Easter Burlap Wreath Video:
You can watch the Easter burlap wreath video here.
Burlap Wreath Materials:
A 12-inch wire wreath form
2 yards of plain burlap ribbon
Floral wire or jute twine
Bunny cutout or spring inspired wood cutouts (optional)
A few packs of wired daisies or leaf vine
Festive ribbon – We love this Daisy Printed Burlap Ribbon
Image via: Etsy – Easter-themed Burlap Wreath – Twin Angel’s Wreaths
How to Make a Burlap Wreath Directions:
- Cut several burlap strips into 5-inch wide each. It doesn’t matter if the size is not perfect or the edges are not super neat because the imperfections will get covered when they will be wrapped around the wreath form.
- Take a burlap strip and loop one end of it through the wreath form. Loop through the top, middle, and then the outer rim.
- Follow this pattern as you continue weaving in across the width of the form, covering it entirely.
- To make the wreath look fluffy, push the burlap together after looping a bit. Keep doing this throughout the weaving process. It will make the wreath look fuller and hide any sight of the wire form.
- After finishing the weaving, secure the last end of the strip with a piece of jute twine or floral wire. Be careful that the knot is hid behind the burlap strips.
- Now, take a look at the entire wreath and see if any part of the wire form is visible. If it is showing, hide it by fluffing out a twisted loop or stretching out another one.
Image via: Etsy – Easter Wreath – Chloe’s Craft Closet
Decorating the Easter Wreath
- Twist the leaf vine or wired daisies around the wreath and glue wherever it is needed to keep them attached to the frame.
- Now, glue the bunny cutout to the wreath and the plastic eggs to the opposite side.
- Make a cute, small bow with the festive ribbon and glue it just underneath the bunny cutout.
- To make a hanger, create a loop with the floral wire and twist around the wreath form.
Image via: Etsy – Cute Bunny Easter Wreath – Simply Dainty Decor
Wreath Making Supplies for Making This Easter Wreath
The wreath making supplies for this Easter wreath are cheap and can be bought from any crafts store. However, you can also buy them online which is easier and sometimes cost-effective.
For more burlap wreath ideas, visit our Burlap Wreath Tutorials!
Sign up to get ideas and promotions to celebrate, decorate & organize your home, for FREE!