Autumn decorating ideas are perfect for when there is a chill in the air and fall colors are in abundance. An eye-catching fall wreath on your front door is a nice way to decorate your home this autumn. The season is so diverse with its beautiful bounty that you can experiment with numerous wreath decorating ideas and create various fascinating DIY fall wreaths for your front door and interiors.
How to Create Autumn Wreath Decorating Ideas
Image via: Etsy – Beautiful Autumn Wreaths – Designing Creations
Fall’s colorful bounties are wonderful props for creating an attention-grabbing statement for your front door and make the whole space pop. Check out our tutorial for a decorative autumn wreath that will draw the eye in and welcome neighbors and guests:
Autumn Wreath Materials:
A bunch of fall leaves
Silver spray paint and Gold spray paint
A chipboard monogram (optional)
A piece of ribbon (optional)
Autumn Wreath Making Directions:
- Spread a big paper sheet on the floor and lay out the leaves and berry branches on the sheet in a way so that they don’t touch each other.
- Give them a couple of light passes with the spray paint, taking turns with silver and golden paints. Let them dry.
- Don’t give them a thick coat of paint because it will take out too much of their original colors. Just give them a couple of light coats that is enough to give some shimmer.
- Attach the leaves to the wreath with hot glue. Cover the entire wreath with leaves.
- Now, attach the berry branches to the wreath with floral wire. Tie all the branches into a single bunch and attach it to the wreath. Otherwise, attach one branch at a time keeping at least 4-inch distance from one another.
- If you have an old chipboard monogram and don’t know how to make it useful, here’s the chance. Spray paint it with a dark color like ORB (Oil Rubbed Bronze), let dry, and tie it on with a piece of ribbon.
- Hang the wreath wherever you see it fits in!
Image via: Etsy – Fall Wreaths – Chickadee Lore
Decorating Ideas for Fall Wreaths
The autumn brings so many seasonal gifts that you can draw literally countless decorating ideas for your fall wreaths. You can decorate a wreath with numerous items – from colorful leaves to fresh fruits, branches, cornhusks, nuts, pumpkins, and even broken twigs collected from your backyard.
Wreath Making Materials for Fall Wreaths
Collecting the materials for fall wreaths is one of the easiest tasks. You just have to buy the wreath forms and some supporting materials such as floral wire, ribbon, florist picks, and glue. Most of the decorating items are readily available in nature and you just need a walk in the park or woods or a good search in your backyard to get them.
Draw inspiration from nature and brighten your home with autumn wreath decorating ideas that will make your home sing this season!
Leave a Reply