Living in the south I have come to enjoy magnolias trees for their gorgeous robust two-toned leaves and their fragrant flowers. A magnolia wreath is one of the best ways to enjoy their gorgeous leaves. If you have a magnolia tree in your compound or near your home, don’t buy a wreath at the store, make one instead. Many people think that magnolia wreaths are only ideal for the holiday season but the truth is that they can decorate your home all year around!
How to Make a Natural Magnolia Wreath
Image via: Etsy – Daisy Mae Belle… – Magnolia leaf wreath
Use Fresh Magnolia Leaves for a Gorgeous Look
If you want to make a wreath that will really perk up your home, use fresh magnolia leaves. While you can use dried leaves, they are a bit delicate and tend to get torn quickly. The last thing you want is to make a wreath then it falls apart. Add summer flowers to your wreath for a seasonal effect.
Follow these instructions to make magnolia wreath like a pro.
Natural or artificial magnolia leaves
Magnolia Wreath Video:
Watch how to make a magnolia wreath video here:
Magnolia Wreath Directions:
- Pluck the magnolia leaves from the stems.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach the leaves to the wreath form.
- When attaching the leaves to the wreath, ensure they create a lovely pattern. You can form a “V” with the initial two leaves and extend the pattern throughout.
- Fill the wreath form with the leaves and make sure they don’t have gaps between them.
- Affix the summer flowers to the wreath with the hot glue gun.
- Make a bow with the ribbon and glue it to the wreath
- Display your wreath outdoors or indoors.
- If your wreath gets dusty, use canned air to get rid of the dust, or wipe leaves with a slightly damp cloth.
- When you take down the wreath, save the bow and wreath form for the next project.
Image via: Etsy – Applegate Homes…- Magnolia leaves wreath
Use Magnolia Leaves in Your Flower Arrangements
Buying professional bouquets is expensive. But flowers make a home come alive – especially in summer and spring. If you make your own flower arrangements, enhance them with magnolia leaves. Collect enough leaves for your wreath and you can use whatever is left on the flower arrangements.
Making a magnolia wreath might seem like hard work but it isn’t. Follow our instructions and you’ll find yourself making more than one wreath.
For more all year around wreaths, look through our archives here.