Can you believe it’s already time to make a summer wreath to welcome in guests? It’s almost impossible to find someone who doesn’t like butterflies, who isn’t amazed at their vibrant colors or who doesn’t believe that they are a true representatives of the circle of life and that everything is possible. On top of all that butterflies are so romantic due to their natural beauty so that they are the perfect theme for a romantic summer wreath, like the one we suggest here. We also give you some simple instructions on how to prepare your own deco butterflies if you prefer making them instead of buying them.
Summer Wreath: How to Make a Romantic Butterfly Wreath
Image via: Etsy – Twig Therapy – Butterfly Decorations Wreath
Wreath Making Supplies:
How to Make Paper Butterflies Video:
This video shows you how to make paper butterflies and attach them in a minimalist wreath. If you prefer a grapevine wreath, see our grapevine wreath tutorial here.
You can find the link to the video on how to make a Romantic Butterfly Wreath here.
Wreath Making Directions:
- If you want to make your own butterflies, here is how to make them: Cut out the butterflies without being to accurate. Glue each of the butterflies on your plain paper using mod podge and the brush. Let them dry completely. Now cut them out as precise as you can. Paint the edges with the black marker and bend the butterfly across the middle line to get the butterfly looking like it is ready to fly.
- To make the wreath, attach some moss to the lower quarter of your wreath, or wherever you would like place your butterflies. Use the twine to secure the moss or use the hot glue gun if necessary.
- Arrange the butterflies on the wreath so you can decide on the exact spots you want the butterflies to be glued to.
- Apply a small amount of hot glue to the back of a butterfly and glue it onto the moss. Repeat with as many butterflies you want. Let the glue dry completely.
- Using the ribbon and hot glue if necessary, make a loop to hang your wreath.
Image via: Etsy – Wedding and Wreaths… – Butterfly decorations wreath
Other butterfly decorations for summer
Decorative butterflies are wonderful for beautifying almost anything, especially in summer. You can use them to make some unique wall art or to decorate your vases and flower pots.
More ideas for summer wreaths
You can use any summer theme to make a great summer wreath, like nautical items, seashells or summer flowers. Take a look at these summer wreaths you will love:
Ideal wedding decorations
Wreaths are ideal to decorate a wedding. You can use them to welcome your guests on doors or to decorate the back of the chairs. Even placing a romantic mini wreath on the plate to hold the name card could be a special addition to any wedding decorations.
Image via: Etsy – Wedding Floral Crown – Serenity…
Where to find wreath making supplies
You can find almost any wreath making supply you need in craft stores or online and you even can try making some on your own.
Making this beautiful, romantic butterfly summer wreath is a wonderful way to decorate your summer home by adding a little nature to it at the same time. Butterflies have vibrant colors and you can choose whichever will compliment your home best. Use as many butterflies as you like and you can even cover a wreath form completely for a unique summer time project.
For more warm weather wreaths visit our Spring Wreaths category too!